Home | Telecom |
Bibliography | Journalism
| Neat Stuff |
Hear greetings from Nigel (5.36 seconds, 116 kb).
95 Geoffrey Street
Toronto, Ontario M6R 1P2,
Telephone (416) 535-8916
You can send mail to
Last revised December 1, 2021.
Useful forms and files to get yourself or your organization listed
in various directories
These are text forms that you can save (perhaps using the "view
source" comand on your browser) and fill in using a text editor or
- Questionnaire for Encyclopedia of Associations
of national associations, foundations, charities and other non-profit
groups in the United States. To learn more about the Encyclopedia of Associations, click here.
- Questionnaire for Regional, State and Local Organizations
directory for U.S. non-profit groups operating on a scale smaller
- Questionnaire for Consultants and Consulting
Directory, published by Gale, part of Cengage Learning.
- Questionnaire for International Organizations
directory for national associations of Canada and other countries
other than the United States, and for trans-national associations.
- List of directories that Canadian non-profit
associations can be listed in.
- Submit your biography to Marquis Who's Who, publisher of Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World, or nominate a colleague for a listing.
- Standard & Poor's Register of Corporations, Directors and Executives has ceased publication and is no longer being updated.
Telecommunications industry information sources
Links for Journalists
- PR Newswire, a U.S.-based
press release distribution service owned by Cision
- CNW Group, Inc., formerly Canada NewsWire, a Canadian press
release distribution service owned by Cision
- Canadian Association of Journalists,
a national non-profit advocacy and professional
development organization serving
Canadian journalists from all media, including print, radio and television.
- GlobeNewswire by notified, another
press release distribution service.
- Canadian Advertising Rates and
Data. Links to Canadian broadcasters and publications
- Canadian University Press
- Newsdesk, a British press release
- Newslink. Links to hundreds
- Sources, a Canadian directory
and database of contacts for journalists.
- Trans World News
Distribution of press releases and news items to a network of newsrooms, journalists, and internet affiliates.
- The Varsity
at the University of Toronto. "Toronto's most feared and
respected morning newspaper," according to the staff
T-shirts of a few years ago.
- Associated Collegiate
Press, an association of U.S. student newspapers and journalism instructors.
Places to Surf
- University of Toronto, with links
to departmental WWW servers at the university
- University of Toronto Staff
Association. Now closed down, following the
certification of the Steelworkers union
as the bargaining agent for most of the U of T employees formerly
represented by UTSA.
- Dun & Bradstreet, the credit reporting
agency for businesses - order a
report on a U.S. or Canadian business or
list your company
with Dun & Bradstreet. Canadian companies can visit
Dun & Bradstreet Canada
- Citizens for Safe Cycling,
Ottawa. Four wheels bad, two wheels good.
- Callouts.Subscription-based service offering
resources for video, graphics and sound creation.
- American Numismatic Association, for
collectors of coins and other forms of money.
- Cyberspace World
Railroad. Transit and rail information.
- Newslink, links to online
- American Journalism Review.
- Canada Post Corporation.
- Canada Post's
postal code look-up for any address in Canada. Look up the address corresponding to any Canadian postal code.
- Westminster International. Postal code lookup and address validation for bulk mailers.
- My sister Laura Ashton, an international marketing expert.
- U.S. Postal Service
- Look up U.S. zip codes online
- Canadian National Railway Company.
- Canadian Pacific Railway.
- GO Transit, the official site.
country code 355
- Languages of Albania from Ethnologue.
- Babylon.com's English-Albanian online glossaries. Also worth visiting: Babylon.com
- Gifted Youngsters Show Keen Instinct for Needs,
Innovative Math Curriculum Approach Suggests: summary of 1993 talk
by my father, Dr. Harold Don Allen
- Moveable Inc. of Toronto,
formerly known as Moveable Type Inc., a printing company.
- Apikoros Sleuth, a novel by Robert Majzels published in a deluxe edition by Moveable.
- The Internet Nonprofit Center,
Putnam Barber's non-profit site.
- National Capital FreeNet, Ottawa.
Lots of pages for Ottawa-area community groups. Telnet
to National Capital FreeNet
- Request free catalogues in a variety
of subject categories.
Another site of interest to catalogue shoppers is Google Product Search,, formerly known as Froogle.
Rather odd WWW sites that may be of some interest
This site can also be viewed with
are not what they seem.
Nigel Allen, 95 Geoffrey Street, Toronto, Ontario M6R 1P2, Canada
This page hosted by Web Hosting Canada.